Nearly Nine Months

I always looked at the glamorous maternity photo shoots and thought - those are silly.

Photos by Josey Quiñones of Studio Q Photography

But as a photographer, I felt like they would actually be pretty fun pictures to take. As I thought about how I wanted to take photos like these for my good friend, I realized how sad I would be if I didn't actually have them of myself.  So here we are!

These photos certainly don't capture all of the un-glamorous parts of being 8 months pregnant.

Like the stretch marks that decided to finally make an appearance on my belly. Or the strange pains in places I didn't expect. Or the indigestion/heartburn/general discomfort on the daily.



Or when he presses on my bowels and I have to make additional trips to the bathroom, or when he has hiccups and it's cute for about a minute until it's annoying, but then I think... there is a growing human inside of me!

A boy that can hear my voice and the outside world, and sense the difference between light and dark. Maybe he can tell when I'm tired, or anxious. When I'm sitting upright in a chair, I can sometimes feel him trying to stretch out inside of me. He's definitely running out of room in there.


I am continually in awe of what my body is able to do. With just one month to go, I am still able to work, dance, pick things up, put on my shoes, and make it through the day with a decent amount of energy. When people ask me how I feel, I generally am pretty honest and give a little glimpse of a symptom I'm feeling, but I almost feel guilty with how good I feel.

Some women have really awful pregnancies. I know I still have the "worst" month ahead of me, but it truly hasn't been bad at all. The first trimester so far was definitely the least fun, not because of the nausea but because of how I couldn't keep my eyes open, at all! Sleep was all I wanted to do. But since then, it really has been smooth sailing.


Josey gave a pretty good update on the last year of our lives in the previous post, Valentine's Day 2019. His post was a complete surprise to me, and he did a fantastic job. I'm hoping he'll blog more moving forward, as he is a talented photographer and writer, and is equal parts of this Montana Adventure of ours. He is going to be a fantastic dad. He already wins the prize for being the best husband.

In fact, this week marked the anniversary of us as a couple. We have been together for SEVEN years. That's a really long time, but it doesn't feel like it. He humored me today with this photo shoot, since he was called out to snow plow again and really wanted to get going.

He was actually about to leave when he looked at my half-make-up-ed face and said "Oh yeah, the photoshoot." I had stopped getting ready for the shoot to make him and myself breakfast, and had just started over with breakfast because one of the ingredients I used had gone bad. My eyes started filling with tears, but he stopped me right away. He helped me re-make breakfast, told me to finish getting ready for the photos, and that he'd wait to go snow plow.

He thought we were just taking the photos in the backyard, but I wanted to drive out of the neighborhood a little ways to find a wintery scene that didn't include the barn. (I do love the barn though.) I knew he wanted to go snow plow, but he still drove us out, and helped scope out a spot. We dove out of the truck to get a few shots, then right back in to warm up and plan out the next photo. Altogether, the shoot probably took less than fifteen minutes.


While he didn't get on the road as early as he originally hoped, I was a really happy wife. And, I think he's going to be pretty pleased with how the photos turned out. Thank you Josey for taking them. I love you!

And we love you too, Baby Q. April 2nd is your due date, and we can't wait to meet you!


Comments

Popular Posts